Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mirena mirena, go away. VENT.




 So some of this might be a little bit TMI, but it is a part of being a mom/fiance. After Lil was born I got the Mirena IUD. The idea of it, something placed in your uterus for five years to prevent pregnancy and you don't have to think about it, is way too good to be true. Yes it prevents pregnancy for five years, but its not just because of the hormones in it, it because you bleed for 3-6 months straight after insertion. Also, your partner never wants to do anything that could result in a baby with you because the IUD has little metal strings that hang down into your "area," therefore poking his "area." Yeah, no babies for us. And to say that you don't have to think about it is far from the truth! I'm pretty sure when I am doubled over in pain from the cramps, and stuck in bed with my heating pad on my back I'm definitely thinking about it! And when I'm at the store buying "girly things" once a week I'm definitely thinking about it!

And when my mood swings make me act like this guy right here it totally puts a strain on my relationship.



Now, I know that the benefits of the Mirena will outweigh the pain and suffering in the end. If I were to get pregnant before my wedding or honeymoon I would hate myself forever. So, I will give this evil piece of plastic a chance, probably a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment